Monday, August 6, 2012

Mondo Burrito (Santa Clara, CA): Mondo Nachos with Carnitas


So, what could make me return so soon to a taqueria at which I’d already sampled the nachos?  A “Groupon”, of course!  Half off ain’t bad and it’ll get me to most taquerias without hesitation.  That said, I returned here to buy lunch for me and my nacho wing-woman and once again I was very satisfied with the food.

The first time we came here, I requested a half-order of nachos.  I wish I’d done the same this time, but instead I got all excited and ordered “Mondo Nachos”.  HUGE helping, as you can see from the image.  And yes, I ate too much.  This time, instead of the somewhat bland “spicy” beef that I ordered last time, I got the carnitas.  Pretty solid flavor and nice and moist, although they still weren’t as good as the carnitas at Al Pastor #2.

Good stuff, and a great price with the Groupon!

Rating: 4 out of 5
Rating Notes:  Last time I gave them an extra ½ point for their unusual build-by-request setup, but this time, they have to stand on their own.  The Carnitas got them the extra ½ point this time due to good flavor and decent quality.
Map to Location: http://mapq.st/Kn1H0D

No comments:

Post a Comment