Monday, April 30, 2012

Wahoo's (San Jose, CA): Shrimp Nachos


So, I know the question on everyone's mind is, did I say "WAHOO!" after tasting these promising Shrimp Nachos?  Sadly, no.  I didn't even say it backwards ("OOHAW!") which sounds only slightly less festive.  As you can see in the picture, everything came separately with this order, which to me means one of two things to me:
1. They weren't confident enough to assemble their plate of nachos so they separated all of the ingredients and left it up to me
OR
2. They wanted to show off the Shrimp included with this order of nachos and decided that the best way to do that was to not put anything on top of them.  But why the heck would they do this if there were only 6 (count 'em) shrimp visible in the sloppy sea of melted cheese that dominates the plate?

Shrimp nachos should be good like the excellent ones I've eaten at Tu Mero Mole.  These were simply disappointing.  No more to say.

Rating: 3 out of 5
Rating Notes: Yes, there was as much cheese as it looks like, and no, the shrimp weren't as tasty as they look.
Map to Location: http://mapq.st/IoO4lQ

No comments:

Post a Comment