Monday, February 27, 2012

Tu Mero Mole (San Jose, CA): Goat Nachos!

Yes, you read that right.  GOAT Nachos.  Gross, you say?  Come on!  Goats aren't gross, they're cute...
...well, kind of.  I guess it depends?

In any case, a couple of my friends wanted to use the groupons they had for Tu Mero Mole, and since I'd already had a couple different varieties of nachos there - the camarones (shrimp) ones were awesome - I decided to special order some nachos with their surprisingly tasty goat meat.  Trust me, this is some really good stuff.  Rather than plain, with minimal seasoning, like their more traditional meats (chicken, carne asada, etc...) the goat meat is slathered in a savory, flavorful sauce that kind of reminded me of Indian food - in a good way!  Combined with their marinated onions and peanut salsa, which is one of my favorite salsas ever, this was a great plate of nachos.  Plus, how many people can say they've had goat nachos?  Hopefully more after they read this post and try it for themselves!

Rating: 4 out of 5
Rating Notes: If you can get past the fact that this is goat, and not mind pushing aside all of the fat that comes along with it, you're in for a treat!  For info on the other ingredients in these nachos, see my first Tu Mero Mole Post.
Map to Location: http://mapq.st/wOHWd8

2 comments:

  1. Goats are cute. Unless they're eating the tail of your shirt (been there, done that)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute, and they taste great! (IF cooked correctly)
      And yeah, I know this comment is like 4 months late, but I don't check my gmail that often... I'm gonna start doing that regularly now!

      Delete