Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Two Pesos Taqueria (Los Gatos, CA): Chicken Nachos

Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me,
I like to eat nachos...
...and I'll have a plate or three!

Well, maybe not of these ones.  I had to work on my birthday (38th, if you must know), which goes against the policy that I've been trying to hold to.  No one should ever work on their birthday and it should be a paid day off!  In any case, trying to make the best of my working birthday, I headed over to a new taqueria with a friend for a plate of nachos.
I'm going to keep it brief, because it just added to the bummer of having to work on my birthday:
>Chicken - poor
>Guacamole - not enough
>Sour Cream - nifty stripes, but not enough
>Pinto Beans - meh
On the upside:
>Great, home-made fried tortilla chips (competitive with my favorite ones from Taqueria Vallarta)
>Nice talking to my friend, Ann while having lunch
I really wish that these nachos had, per the name of this taqueria, only cost 2 pesos...

Rating: 2½ out of 5
Rating Notes: Chicken texture was ok, but I couldn't decide whether it was grilled or boiled and then grilled.  It basically tasted like plain chicken plus a healthy dose of char from the grill.  If not for those chips, this would have been a 2.
Map to Location: http://mapq.st/n1oNsi

No comments:

Post a Comment