Saturday, May 7, 2011

Taqueria Vallarta (Felton): Al Pastor Regular Nachos

It's mother's day weekend, and my wonderful wife wanted to grab some quick dinner while the boys were at Grandma and Grandpa's house, so we went to our old standby.  Ah, the rewards of trying something new!  Yes, I've been to Taqueria Vallarta in Felton a million times and yes, I've had their nachos a million times, but ALWAYS chicken.  After my great experience at Taqueria Superior with those Chile Verde Nachos, I thought, "Why not try something new again?"  I have to admit, I'm still partial to their chicken nachos, but their al pastor version is nothing to sneeze at.  A truly tasty meal.  Nice!  By the way, I'm not sure I gave enough kudos to 'Vallarta for their chips last time.  They're home made, thick, crispy, pure awesomeness.  I'd rather eat these than almost any other corn chip I've ever tasted.  I think the only ones I like better are the ones you get at Chevy's (review of nachos at Chevy's coming soon!)
Rating: 3½ out of 5
Map to Location: http://mapq.st/oXVFgt

2 comments:

  1. I must comment on the quality of the guacamole used on some of these nachos. Bad guacamole can ruin the whole experience for me, no matter how good the rest of the ingredients are. Conversely, I think really good guacamole (and really good salsa, for that matter) can make mediocre meat taste really good! Marina L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, um, yeah. It took me a year to realize that these comment notifications were going to my gmail account that I never bother to check. Going to look at it on a daily basis now. Thanks for the comment!

      I agree that the quality of the guacamole makes a big difference. Some places do it well, with mostly avocado but some places water it down so much that it's more like a weird green sauce. Taqueria Vallarta's is somewhere in the middle.

      Delete